This website provides information about the school, and highlights some of its many positives.
- Beaufort Secondary College is relatively small in size (160 students in 2011). This allows students to have access to a huge range of opportunities, develop positive relationships with their teachers and classmates, and receive however much individual attention they require.
- The college believes strongly in the development of partnerships between students, staff, parents and local community to achieve quality outcomes for young people. Students to feel a sense of belonging within their school and community.
- Through the use of flexible means of delivery and by making effective use of technology the college is able to offer an extensive range of curriculum opportunities from year 7 to 12. At the senior levels, there is an excellent mix of academic subjects and applied learning options. This ensures that our students exit to a wide range of pathways that match their skills and interests.
- The well-being of students is a high priority, with outstanding support programs available to students and their families. At the same time, firm discipline ensures that all students can learn in an effective learning environment. The school sees itself as playing a key role in developing students so they become confident and competent young adults.
- Beaufort Secondary College has high expectations of its students and prides itself on the achievements of its students. We cater for all students, regardless of ability, and work to ensure that they reach their maximum potential as life-long learners. As a college we embrace the notion that all students can learn and are deserving of every opportunity to experience success in their education.
Prospective parents are welcome to contact Assistant Principal Heather Higgins or me for elaboration on any of the matters described in the website, or organise a tour of the school.
Mr Karl Schier