Our school’s values form the basis of staff and student interaction, and student behavioural expectations.
Beaufort Secondary College New Values are
RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS – Respect – Trust – Care
HIGH EXPECTATIONS – Responsibility – Commitment – Motivation
EXCELLENCE – 100% Effort – Determination – Dedication
Our Values and Beliefs were developed through a collaborative and consultative approach that involved our students, staff, parents and friends, parents in general and our school council. The values and beliefs were linked to our 3 focus areas of Respectful Relationships, High Expectations and Excellence. A list of values and beliefs were presented to each of these groups in the form of a ballot paper. They were voted on to determine three values and beliefs for each of the focus areas.
- Consideration for others – being thoughtful about other people and their feelings
- Tolerance – respecting differences and not expecting others to think, look, speak or act just like you
- Caring – giving love and attention to people and things
- Co-operation – working together for the good of everyone
- Friendliness – taking an interest in people and going out of your way to make others feel welcome
- Truthfulness – always being honest in your words and your actions
- Fairness – treating people equally and not showing favouritism
- Loyalty – staying true to people